Weddings – (At the moment only 5 people in total are allowed to attend at one time including the celebrant due to COVID-19 Outbreak)
St. Carthage’s Church is a popular place for weddings both for graduates of the University and others.
You will need to make an appointment approximately 2 months prior to your wedding date to fill out any necessary forms.
Any queries please contact Mahmoud on: (03) 9347 2493. Once your form has been received you will be contacted by phone to confirm all details.
Baptisms – (At the moment only 6 people in total are allowed to attend at one time including the celebrant due to COVID-19 Outbreak)
The celebration of Baptism takes place weekly at St. Carthages, only on SUNDAYS sharp on every hour, starts at 11.00am and finishes at 5.00pm, PRIVATE one family at a time. Please call the office first to check for availabilities.
OLD RULES: NOT VALID AT THE MOMENT
The celebration of Baptism takes place weekly at St. Carthages, either at the 10.00am Family Mass or in a Group Baptism Ceremony at 11.15am. Please call the office first to check for availabilities.
Last year over 200 people were baptized at St. Carthage’s.
First Communion and Confirmation – (On Hold Due to COVID-19 Outbreak)
Celebration of First Communion at St. Carthage’s 2020
Dates for First Communion at St. Carthage’s 2020
Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 First Communion dates for 2020 will be postponed until later in the year, and if the situation is not then improved, hence it will be sometimes next year 2021. Please keep checking our website for dates when you hear that the restriction is eased.
When time comes Fr. Michael Elligate will try to accommodate a few smaller celebration sessions of around 10 children each.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused as we try to work through the current pandemic and this is all still subject to change.
St Carthage’s Office
|Sunday, 19th April POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE||11.30AM Enrolment Session. Distribution of forms & booklets.|
|Sunday, 26th April POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE||1.30PM Preparation Session and Seating Allocation.|
|First Communion Mass: Choose one only below|
|Saturday, 02nd May POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE||Evening Mass 5.00PM|
|Sunday, 03rd May POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE||Morning Mass 11.30AM|
|Afternoon Mass 2.00PM|
|Communion Masses take approx 60 minutes.|
* No booking is required prior to the start of the procedures on Sunday 19th April. Just turn up on the day please!
* All participants must attend these three Sundays or the first two Sundays and the Saturday.
* Parents have the option in choosing either the 5:00pm Mass on Saturday or 11:30am Mass or 2:00pm Mass on Sunday.
* The number of seats per family for the First Communion Masses will be announced at the Enrolment afternoon. Normally 5 – 6 People as a limit for each family inclusive (candidates, parents & siblings) to attend because of the church capacity.
Celebration of Confirmation at St. Carthage’s 2020 – (On Hold Due to COVID-19 Outbreak)
Dates for Confirmation at St. Carthage’s 2020
The Bishop has suspended all Confirmation ceremonies UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Our dates may continue to go ahead depending on how the coming months play out due to COVID-19
|Sunday, ???? October (Date TBA)||Time TBA - Enrolment & Formation Session. Distribution of forms & booklets with Mass.|
|Sunday, ???? October (Date TBA)||Time TBA - Preparation Session and Seating Allocation with Mass.|
|Confirmation Masses: Choose one only|
|Sunday, 25th October||11.30AM Confirmation Celebration|
|02.00PM Confirmation Celebration|
|More information regarding Enrolment and Preparation will be available in early 2020||Confirmation Masses will take approx 1 hour and 20 minutes.|
* The Celebrant of the Confirmation Mass will be The Regional Bishop Mark Edwards.
* No booking is required prior to the start of the procedures on the enrolment Sunday. Just turn up on the day please!
* All participants must attend these three Sundays up to and including the Confirmation day.
* Sponsors only have to attend on Confirmation Day.
* The number of seats per family for the Confirmation Masses will be announced at the Enrolment afternoon. Normally 5 – 6 People as a limit for each family inclusive (candidates, parents & siblings) to attend because of the church capacity.